Petty Sampson Immigration Lawyers Help You Legalise Your Australian Status

A non-citizen in Australia who does not hold a visa in effect is considered unlawful and is subject to detention and removal from Australia. You can be detained if your visa has expired and you have not lodged a substantive visa application or made arrangements to leave Australia. It is the responsibility of the visa holder to be aware of their visa expiry date.

Ignoring or forgetting to reapply for your visa can make you an unlawful resident, with devastating consequences. But it doesn’t have to be like that. If you’re concerned about your visa status, you may still have options.

Petty Sampson Immigration Lawyers Logo

What to Do If Your Visa Has Expired

Your first step is to seek advice from Petty Sampson Immigration Lawyers before you go to the Department. As an experienced immigration lawyer, I will advise you on your options to remain legally in Australia and support you in communicating with the Department.

Going to the Department without representation can lead to being detained or granted a Bridging E visa to make arrangements to leave Australia.

You will be interviewed by the Community Status Resolution Service (CSRS), and they will gather as much information as possible regarding matters such as family, employment and financial situation. Your answers to the Department’s questions may limit your options, which is why it is essential to seek professional advice and support to legalise your status in Australia.  

Ways We Can Help You:

Don't Risk Detention and Deportation

If your visa has expired, contact Petty Sampson Immigration Lawyers for professional legal support to legalise your status in Australia.